Monday, February 13, 2012

Sleep traning Week: 1

Jacob has co-slept with us since he has been born (when he was a newborn he was in a bassinet right next to me)

Hubby and I enjoy Jacob right in between us but he has gotten too big for our queen size bed.
We decided it was time for him to be a big boy and get in his own bed from now on.

We have a crib that changed into a toddler bed, so now he has a big boy bed to go with his big boy self.  I even got him an awesome Toy Story blanket.

I don't know the "correct" way to sleep train a toddler, so I'm just making it up as I go along.

We blew up a air mattress and hubby and I would take turns sleeping with him in his room.  Everything is going great until Day 2 (hubby's turn). I could hear him screaming and crying at 1am calling out for "MOMMY MOMMY!"  So as you might have already guessed.... I ended up on that air mattress all 7 nights. 

While I am in there with him, he would wake up, look to see if I am there and he would fall back asleep.
Well by the 4th night my back was killing me......

Tonight we are installing a baby gate at the end of the hall... I will sleep in my own room with hubby and if Jacob wakes up he can cry/walk on over to my room, and I don't have to worry about him going to the rooms that aren't baby proof (bathroom and hubby's office).

I am pretty sure he won't sleep thur the night without crying bloody murder, but for Pete sake! Mommy needs to sleep on a real mattress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment